Friday, August 7, 2009

Look what I've been up to these past 3 weeks!


Here is a group picture of our girls! This was taken on our Seattle excursion day from inside the space needle. It really was that pretty when we went but it's a fake backdrop... you can't be too sure of the weather here you know! This has been a very busy 3 weeks, but it has been very rewarding as well. I'm not sure if it is something that I'll do again in the future, at least not as the coordinator, teacher and host parent all in one... but if nothing else I have first hand knowledge of what all the areas of the program are like so I can recruit people with confidence! haha!

Erika was our girl..front row in the blue. She is great! Very shy, and has just her mom as family in Japan so I'm sure our family was a bit crazy for her! But she jumped right in, helped out and the kids adore her! She made us dinner again tonight and it was so wonderful! We will miss her on Tuesday when they return to Japan!
More info to come, too much to post at this point! Our farewell dinner is on Monday and Tuesday it's off to the airport!

In family news.....
The girls started swimming lessons at the Y while I've been working. Scott has taken them 2 times so far and they love it! We start gymnastics on Saturday!! I'm excited to be able to see them in action! We are planning on doing a family swim after they are done and then Erika and a friend want to go to the mall for a bit. It should be a fun day!

Scott has just received word from Dan with walking adventures that he's needed to do the Danube Cruise in October!!!! He's really excited! I think he'll get to visit 6 different countries - most of them new to him! It should be a fun 17 day trip!

off to read bedtime stories and then get some work done!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: