Here is a little glimpse into my very funny world. These were all overheard within the last 12 hours:
Haley: While at Payless shoes today....."Hey Hope get out of the way.... I have to see if these new shoes will work on recess"... then she jogs in place for about 2 minutes- no kidding 2 minutes!... then sprints up and down the isle looking into those low mirrors for shoes the entire time. I guess they are fast enough since we ended up buying them! :-)
Me: "Hannah, what are you listening to?"
Hannah: "The Spanish station on the radio."
Me: "Why?"
Hannah: "because I like the music, it's happy, and since I don't know Spanish that well I can't tell if it's inappropriate or not!"- she's a smart one that Hannah...
Hope came down from bed tonight and found us watching a movie. She quietly snuck down each step then when she was questioned about why she was out of bed, this was her answer....
Hope: "My leg hurts when I lay down, and when I sit down, and when I stand up, and when I do this ( jump on one foot) and when I do this (jump on both feet) and even when I do this ( spin, spin, spin in a circle)."
Me: "So what if I hang you upside down from your toes... does it hurt then?"
Hope: "Yes! It hurts a real lot when you do that!..... laugh, fake cry, laugh-fake cry, laugh - fake cry.. mostly laugh..."....because by this time I'm carrying her back to bed upside down by her feet.
After getting a cold wash cloth and letting her snuggle with Hannah, I think I'm off the hook..... at least for a little while.
I hear an acceptance speech in our future it starts... " I'd like to thank the academy" and it better have something like .... "and I'd like to thank my mother for giving me many opportunities to hone my acting skills".......
2 comments:
These are hysterical! Love that you are so gracious to your little one at night, too!
BTW, send me your phone number! =)
You're not the only one cracking up. What funny girls!
Post a Comment