![]() |
| Make a Smilebox scrapbook |
Today we talked about Matthew 6:25 -27. “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?" I think this lesson was more for Scott and I than the kids.. but they really got into it too.
The zoo had a new exhibit on birds opening today so we took advantage of that and had a little field trip for church. We talked a lot about worry, what it is, how we can avoid it, and went to the zoo to have a first hand look at the "birds". I love making these connections with the kids! Scott and I think it's really important to show the kids that church is not a building, or a place, but a lifestyle and a connection with God. It's great when we can pull it off! :-)
While at the zoo, we had the opportunity to be in an area with tons of little Budgie birds. We even got to hold out a popsicle stick with food on the end and feed them- couldn't have asked for a better lesson tie in! :-)
We also caught the show at the zoo as well as the aquarium. It was a full day to say the least! We had a great time! I can't believe that this weekend is over! Where did it go?!

1 comment:
Very cute! Love the pic of you with the girls at the railing. Would LOVE to come to your church someday... =)
Post a Comment