Tuesday, January 26, 2010
Christmas in Portland
School let out on the 18th and we had our bags packed and hit the southern road. We were so excited to get to Portland- our California cousins were here! I had planned to pack and finish up the cleaning etc. while the girls were at school, but some times life has other plans. I received a call from the school saying that Hannah had an earache so I went and got her, took her to the doctor, then to the pharmacy for ear infection medicine. Hope also had an apt that day for shots so luckily Scott was able to work from home for a bit while I went back to the Dr. to torture Hopie. By the time we were done with that, it was time to pick up Haley at school. Now in my ideal world I would have had everything done.. but not so much. We came home, I threw what I thought we needed in the car and we hit the road. It was a great trip down, the girls did great and we finally saw the family at around 8 that night.
We stayed for the weekend and had a blast spending the night with Andy and Brigetta. Evelyn was such a great hostess! It's not easy sharing all of your "only kid stuff" with your 3 cousins!!! But she did great! They all 4 even slept in the same room! Did you get that they SLEPT!!!
While there we got together with the extended family- I think about 52 total. It was so much fun- as always. I love that they are almost as crazy as my family...almost that is! :-) We had a pot luck dinner, a scavenger hunt, singing, a nativity play, and of course- card games. We finished off the evening with all of us cousins ( and their kids) having pizza at the church before we went home.
Sunday after church we had Christmas with Scott's brothers , parents and grandparents. It was so fun to see the 6 cousins opening up gifts! Then we took of Monday morning after a little breakfast with the gang. What a great time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment