Saturday, June 28, 2008

Alder Lake- you gotta love the summer in the Northwest

Today our adventures took us away from the neighborhood and to Alder Lake. We were called on the spur of the moment this morning by the Tijie's ( who Scott works with at the Port) and they wanted to know if we wanted to hang out at the lake....um... let me think about this all of 5 seconds... yes yes yes please pick us to be your boat friends!!! And they did !
Here is Scott being drug (or is it dragged?- too much sun to know or care at this point..) anyway.... all over the lake by Ross. Scott had a really long ride and it was starting to be a challenge to see if he could stay on at different speeds, going over other boats wakes, etc. etc. It was quite entertaining and he did a great job! I bet he'll be sore though in the morning!


Haley and Scott went for a much more leisurely ride. They too had a really long ride and Haley loved it. She loved being able to give the thumbs up for faster then immediately following it with a thumbs down for slower.


Hannah and I were the first to try out the tube. We did a good job until the very end. I swear that I have no upper body strength and you would think that lugging kids would help in some small way?! So after our "shorter" not short.. just shorter ride, I was trying to pull myself up onto the tube so we could go longer. In doing so I flipped the tube and freaked out my oldest. We had a long talk about how life jackets are a good thing, and aren't we glad that we have them, then eventually, we all laughed about it. Hannah did great but I wouldn't be surprised if she wants to go with dad next time.



This was a highlight of my day.... yes, that is me, I've still got it!! I wasn't sure if I could haul this childbearing body out of the water but did it without a hitch!



That is until I let go because my lower back was totally cramping! Oh, to not have a gut, so that the back won't hurt, so that I could play longer. I am committing to doing those crunches now since this was so much fun. After swimming around for a minute I got back on the skis and finished my run... soo soo soooooo much fun!





Here we are leaving the lake.. so sad. We ate a picnic, and then came home. It was a great day and we sure appreciate our friends! We'd like them even if they didn't have a boat.. really!







Just too cute. Hopie ready for our picnic- she was a trouper. She hung out in the boat but didn't do much water stuff. Maybe next time we'll get her out on the tube!






No comments: