Friday, August 22, 2008

Buzzin' with our Cousin- Friday's adventure

Today I started my day with a 7:00 a.m. dentist appointment.. yikes! Two hours and over $500 dollars later... I decided that my day could only go up from there! So glad that I was right! :) Brigetta is up visiting with Evelyn and we had another fun fun day! Hold on to your hats since this post has tons of pictures!

We made a picnic lunch of pb&j on hot dog buns... it was very exciting and the girls loved it! Go figure!? We loaded up the 4 girlies and went to Owens Beach on the sound. It turned out to be a beautiful day!
Hannah is showing Evelyn the fine art of beach combing. We found tons of white rocks and a few shells! We saw quite a few jelly fish which gave us something to squeal about on the shore!


Here are the four girlies on a log just after lunch. It was a beautiful day and there were tons of boats out. We saw some fishing boats, fairy's and even a sail boat or two.


I'm still trying to get used to our new camera. I know that it can do so many cool things.. but still have so much to learn. I think I took a little long on this one!

Evelyn and Brigetta enjoyed the "rock beach". It is fun for treasure hunting but not so much for going bare -foot! Major exfoliation going on here!


Here we are standing.....

Here we are sitting.....



We ended our day with hitting the Point Defiance Zoo. The girls loved playing in the water. There are lily pads on the ground and when you step on them they spray water. Hannah, being the big sister, loved to hold Haley over the lily pad and then stomp on it using her sister as a shield. Haley loved it too!

Hopie and her ladybug umbrella. Playing the roll of the southern belle.... Hopie didn't join in until the end. She was having too much fun snuggling with mom and sitting under her umbrella.


Hannah gets a wet surprise!

Whoa! Evelyn got a shock when the water sprayed her for the first time! But it wasn't long before she was doing downward dog yoga poses in the fountains. This kid loves the water! I'm so excited to report that my girls also taught Evelyn how to squeal with delight each time the water sprayed.... I'm sure that Andy and Brigetta will want to thank us for that!
After the water we hit the carousel and then Dairy Queen on the way home. We were at the zoo and didn't even see one animal! That's just not right but we could only handle so much fun in one day!

I think that this picture sums it up! You can't quite see that she is covered in blizzard, probably slobbering, and for sure snoring! This kid was out! What a great day! We love you Evelynie!











2 comments:

Mindy said...

Great pictures! Sounds like a rip-roaring good time. :)

Cherish said...

I tagged you on my blog... check it out!