Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Happy Birthday Hannah!!


I can't believe that we have an eight year old! Wow! Time really does fly by! I can remember being so excited for kids and starting this next phase of our life! Hannah was late- over due by a week so they induced me. After things got movig a bit then they stalled...the doctor wanted to give us a jump start on things so she decided to break my water... and that's when the excitement started. Hannah had the chord wrapped around her foot and stepped on it. Her heart rate dropped and within 5 minutes we had our baby by emergency c-section. Scott had just enough time to call Bokie and Bokaw who were at Applebee's (because it was Bokie's experince that labor took awhile...) and get on his scrubs! Little did we know that that day's excitement was only the begining! We love you Hannah!

We celebrated our big kids 8th birthday over the weekend. We like to stretch these types of things out! :-) Sunday we took the girls to Build a Bear and they each got to make a teddy bear. Hannah's is Peppermint, Haley's puppy is brown sugar, and Hopies bear is Strawberry ( her blue bear is Strawberry.. too funny).. Hannah chose to eat at Taco Bell for her day so we ran for the border before coming home and opening a gift or two and having cupcakes.

Monday, Hannah's real birthday, she had French toast for breakfast, Scott drove them to school since it was pouring rain, and then we met with her teacher for a conference in the afternoon and took her out of school early. We were greeted at home by a decorated door complete with posterboard and balloons complements of the Imbers. Hannah wanted tuna casserole for dinner so we had that and finished off the cupcakes and rest of the gifts. We will have our combined birthday for all the girls next month. We had a great celebration and are so happy that she is part of our family! Happy Birthday Hannah! ( for Bokie... spell check isn't working- sorry :-)
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Searching for God in the everyday said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, HANNAH!! We are bummed that we missed you on your birthday. Hopefully we can catch up with you soon! We love you! Uncle and Aunt Cory, Ryan and Lily =)

Mindy said...

Wow, all of that sounds like so much fun. Happy Birthday, Hannah. I hope you're enjoying your celebrations. :)

Tiffany said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY big girl! Ohmygosh! Seriously, 8? That just sounds too grown up! HUGE hugs and kisses for the birthday girl!
XOXO Tiff and the Boren Boys

Andrew said...

Happy Birthday, big kid! Seems not very long ago that I woke up to a younger-than-Evelyn-is-now you picking imaginary hairs off of Zack and handing them to me with a confused look on your face because I looked like your dad. You're practically a lady now! Can't wait to see you again soon - we love you!

-Uncle Andy, Auntie Bee, Evelyn, and Scout (woof!)

cworegon said...

Happy # 8 Hannah! I found a copy of my girls' number rhymes, and here is yours!
8
Make an S but do not wait. Climb back up and make an 8!!

I hope this year is a good adventure!
Love, Gramma Auntie Claire

Cherish said...

I can't belive she is so old... I wish we had lived close enough to watch her grow, Sometimes Starr reminds me of Hannah at 2....