Scott has been taking the girlies on dates since he's been home for a long weekend. The girls didn't have school yesterday or today so we've been making the most of family time. Last night he and Haley went to the Outback for dinner. Haley had earned a free kids meal for reading in her Kindergarten class. This morning Hope accompanied her dad to the great mecca of Walmart! They were shopping maniacs! Even bought chocolate chips for us to make cookies later in the day! Scott took Hannah on a date to Mt. Rainier. They had a great time enjoying nature! Here are a few pics of our kid on the mountain.
Here are some of the wildlife that they saw.. yes that is a bear! They actually saw 3 different bears! Thankfully they weren't close enough to be lunch... but it was a really cool experience for Hannah! They also saw a Marmot. I guess that it was pulling up the grass and darting back and forth... very busy doing Marmot stuff.
They also saw a lot of beautiful waterfalls! I'm sure that Scott could tell you the names of each falls, but for me- I just like to look at them! Aren't they pretty!? Don't forget to click on the pictures if you want them to be bigger! Especially for that thar bear! :-)
There was a little snow up there but not too much yet. It is getting so cold down here at the house that I'm sure it won't be long before the roads will be closed for the season! They had a great day! And if anyone is wondering... I'll get my date on Sunday! Hopefully another hike and maybe even dinner out?!





4 comments:
The trek up the mountain and view of the falls is awesome. Know Scott and Hannah had a fantastic time. Hope you have a great "date" Deb...(By the way the bear looks mighty close...)
I loved the Marmot and think I will get a picture of that, put it on the easel and try to incorporate it in an oil picture on a mountain. You simply amaze me with your talent in putting the BLOG together and making it live. Your mother is a part of that talent too you know. Thanks. Dad.
It totally cracks me up every time I go to my link list and you are at the very top with the most recent post! You who didn't know if you could do it are out blogging Tiff and I all the time! I Love it! Too funny!
That is amazing that they saw that many bears. I have never seen a bear when I was hiking before. I always thougt it would be cool to see one. The only time we saw one was at Paradise, there was a baby bear who was lost from his mamma and he kept running up to all the people, as if he was asking for help. It was crazy.
Cute cute pix! Hannah is such a hambone for the camera. I love it!! Wish my kids would do that.
Post a Comment