Sunday, February 22, 2009

Aaaareeeeba! Scott's off to Copper Canyon!

Well, by reading that title it could sound like we are excited to have him go- which is not the case.. I just like getting to get Aaarrrriba in whenever I can! :-) We were up at 5 this morning, and woke the kids up at 6 to get Scott to the airport. His flight didn't leave until 9 but he always wants to be there mega early.. ( one of the many areas that we differ:-) but that's ok.... it's not good, or bad.. just different- my new mantra :-)

He is leaving for El Paso today and then will be going into Mexico on Tuesday. He is excited about this trip because it will be the first one that he is the lead leader if that makes sense. Russ, his dad, is the other guide and they will also have two friends from Mexico who are guides helping. There are about 30 on this trip so it is full! I"m sure that he'll come back with lots of stories! I'm hoping that they are not to eventful since the news has put one or two towns that they are going through in a terrible light as of late. Since little eyes can some times read over my shoulder I won't say much more but prayers for safety would greatly be appreciated. Scott will be going through Juarez and Chiuaua two very rough towns right now. http://www.emergency.com/archive/02-01-2009_02-28-2009.htm

I'll keep you posted on what he is up to! One fun thing about this trip is that he is taking "monkey" from Hannah's class along with him. Monkey gets to go with students when they go on vacation so that the class can learn about different places- very cool. I think this will be monkey's first time out of the country!

1 comment:

Searching for God in the everyday said...

Cory told me about what's happening down there! Let's just hope they stay far far away! We will be praying for all of you.