Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Carson Kudos to You Kiddo!
Haley received the coveted Carson Kudos award this week from her teacher Mrs. Thacker. Kudos are coupons given to kids by the teachers and staff when they see a kid has gone above and beyond expectations. Each week 10 students are chosen to have pizza with the Principal's on Friday! Kindergartner's do not receive Kudos that often- maybe because they do not eat lunch at school? But this week Haley was an exception! Way to go kid! She was so excited! Just beamed when I picked her up from the bus stop! The icing on the cake would be if she got to eat with the principals.... Hannah has had that opportunity and assures Haley that it is fun.. even if they are the principals!
Upon further investigation, I found out why Haley received such an honor. It seems that her good pal Lauren was having a hard time at school, crying and very sad over what her mean big brother had done to her. Haley put her arms around Lauren and did her best to make her laugh. The reason written on her Kudos was " for being a super friend and awesome kid". I picked the girls up alone that day so I asked Lauren why she was so sad. She said Jordan had been mean to her. I asked this morning? and she said it was over the weekend. When I asked if something reminded her of it, to see why she was so upset at school, she just replied, "Auntie Deb, it never left my brain". ( what? drama and holds a bit of a grudge? She is a true Isber! :-) maybe more Is than Ber in this case)
So, naturally, I asked Mel what in the world Jordan did.( much later in the afternoon).. she said nothing that she could remember and that they had a good weekend playing video games together?! Hmmm. Lauren didn't tell Mel about crying at school, didn't tell her Jordan was bothering her, and didn't mention the Kudos... I had to fill her in on all of it! So funny! I guess that all this proves what we here in our neighborhood have known all along... it takes a village to raise a child!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
Way to go Haley! You should dance to your theme song, "SUper Trooper".... have a great lunch!
Congratulations Haley...know you had a a great lunch and way to go being a super friend. Have a great day! Love, Bokie
Great job, Haley! Auntie Cory is so proud of you! And good for you, Deb for engaging Lauren and being a great Auntie to her! I think you should get to eat with the principals too. =)
Wow, what a great friend Haley is! Kudos to you!
Haley, you are a terrific friend! So glad you got to have lunch with the principal. Love, Poquaw & Granny
this was way to funny!!! i still laugh about it.
never really got the full story either!!
Mel, this just goes to show that our kids will never get away with anything as long as we live beside each other ALWAYS! One way or another we will find out what's going on! haha! I'm excited to see what secrets you will be uncovering from my house soon! :-)
Paul thinks Haley looks like a hillbilly with no teeth. I think it is great that Haley is a good kid.
so, that's the uncle that has the hippy hair right? :-) She was born in Tennessee ya know! haha! He was born in Iowa so that means that he "chose" to be a hippy! for Haley it comes naturally! Yeee Haw!
Post a Comment