We have had a great Christmas week here! The snow has been so exciting and so much fun! It has turned back to our normal rain today so I'm sure that the white stuff will be leaving us soon.. boo hoo- but I feel like we really made the most of it while it was here!
On Christmas Eve the girls and I spent most of the day "creating" in one way or another. We made pumpkin muffins and pumpkin bread for our neighbors, we made some snowman poop presents for the daddy's that were going to be eating Christmas dinner with us, we made napkin rings, cookies and a birthday cake for baby Jesus! It was a lot of fun and kept us busy all day long! Scott has been sick so he spent most of the day in bed with a head cold. He's feeling a bit better today- theraflu to the rescue!
I made meatballs for dinner and after dinner we had our Christmas stories. My favorite is about Starlet the little star that wanted to shine but since she was so small no one ever saw her. Then one night she fell down from the sky and landed on the manger. She tried to shine as much as she could to warm baby Jesus and when she did then everyone from miles around could see her light. Then we talked about how Jesus is called the light of the world and how we have his light in us. Then we cut into our star shaped (pumpkin what else?) birthday cake. It was a really fun day and I hope a great memory for the kids.
After dinner we made cookies for Santa, made reindeer food for his friends, then hit the hay around 8ish. After the house was settled, I left for a Christmas Eve candle light service. I just love these services and have such great memories of them growing up. It seems to make Christmas real for me when I get to go! They had a bell choir, pipe organ, choir, communion and of course candles... what more could I ask for? It even started to snow around 11:30 on my way home! Norman Rockwell had nothing on our evening! haha!
3 comments:
I miss going to Christmas church with my grandma.
How wonderful! You're such a great mom. I love candlelight Christmas Eve services too...we used to have t them at our church in Kansas. The room just felt so hushed and holy...
Christmas Eve wouldn't be complete for our family without church would it? What wonderful memories we have of the past like the service we had when we left David asleep in the church at midnight thinking the other parent had taken him home. I remember the music and beautiful snow as we departed for home at midnight. Many funny things happened too...like the deacon dropping the communion tray on the mosaic floor. The hushed spirit vanished...what a memory!
Post a Comment