Friday, June 5, 2009

IDAHO ROAD TRIP PART 1


Last Thursday the girls and I headed out for our adventure to Idaho. My niece Courtney graduated from High School ( which I can't stinkin' believe!) so we went for the festivities! This trip was much like many of our "adventures"... we started out with a plan A- All of us go and meet my parents in Idaho... they come home with us for a month... then we moved to plan B- I go with the girls, Scott stays home to work.... then on to plan C- my parents are unable to come since the doctor's needed to give my dad an immediate jump start ( he had a pace maker put in unexpectedly)... so the girls and I set out on the open road to Idaho early in the morning. My estimated departure time was 6:00 am... we were outta here by 6:18 thank you very much so I feel pretty good about that! :-)

After swinging in to our neighborhood coffee shop for the biggest froo froo drink they had, we hit the open road. It was a beautiful day and the kids did great! These pictures are of our first stop. I think we were about 4 hours in and Hope just hit the wall. She would rock back and forth in her car seat and yell "I want outta here!" Eventually, I decided that torture was not the goal of the day so we stopped- at the first green patch I could find. It happened to be a Shell gas station- haha! Desperate times call for desperate measures! We opened up the back of the van, made pb and j's and sat on my coat for our picnic. The girls ran back and forth on the little green strip- just like a dog run! After lunch we got back in the car and hit the road. I borrowed a dvd player from my friend Charis and boy did it save my bacon! We also read, sang and did all the stuff that "I did back in my day"-- when did I get so old? But I've gotta tell ya that technology can really be a great thing on long trips! By the time we hammered out the Sound of Music and Mary Poppins - two of the longest movies known to man- we were almost there!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Mashel said...

What a cool trip Deb. I love all your pictures. Neat memories with family. My favorite things! Our neice that was a flower girl in our wedding is graduating this year too, how did that happen?