Thursday, June 11, 2009

Scott's travels to South America

I haven't heard from Scott today but knew that this first week we will have "spotty communication". If all has gone to plan- and I'm assuming it has- he is now in Manaus. Today they flew from Miami to Manaus (about the distance from here to Miami) and are staying at an Eco Park tonight. They were scheduled to visit the monkey jungle and go on a canoe tour looking for caiman alligators.. nothing like hitting the ground running! I'm sure that Scott is getting in touch with his inner Indiana Jones and having a great time! I'll let you know if and when I hear from him... and of course, he took monkey along for the ride so I'll put up pictures when I can!

The girls and I are doing great. I volunteered at school all day today and then we had a dinner theater this evening ( leftovers while watching the sound of music- at least the first half that is)...the girls are now in bed.. 2 out of 3 asleep- Hannah was just told for the 800th time to put her book away and go to bed. She's reading a Little House book and is "sneak reading" every chance she gets. It's reading, and she smiles when she says "ok mom"... so I really can't be too mad at her! :-) The other two were sawing logs by 7:45.. yeah!

1 comment:

Andrew said...

Ha! I still sneak read!