Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Hannah's First Day of School

Today was Hannah's first day of second grade! We woke up early to a crisp Northwest morning and got ready for our walk to school!
Here we are walking to school. It's about 1 mile away so it was good to get the girl's blood pumping that early in the morning... mine too!

Here we are at the back of the school. We arrived just in time as the classes were going in. This was a great thing since there wasn't any time for tears... from Hannah or mom!

Hope enjoyed the backpack on the way up but walked the entire way home! She slept on Scott most of the way up!


One last hug from little sis then it was off to class! We get a shot of this each year and I just love it! Haley was a walking machine too! All the way up and all the way home!

Here Haley is realizing that tomorrow will be her big day. She is a bit nervous but I know will do great once she gets there! Today was her buddy Lauren's day to start Kinder. They will be in the same class so that will be great! Lauren said that it was a lot of fun so hopefully this will help Haley!
Here is Hannah after school with her teacher Mrs. Benjamin. Hannah had her last year so there wasn't much stress involved in jumping back into school. She came home with a prize for reading over the summer...She already has 8 accelerated reader points!

Here is Hannah after school in front of the school. This sculpture is new this year!

Here's our second grader... almost too cool for school! Love the glasses!








4 comments:

Mindy said...

Everyone looks so happy! I love the pictures. That's a great idea to get an annual pic of the kids hugging each other. I think I may have to steal that one... ;)

Congrats on 2nd grade, Hannah!!!
I hope Haley has an awesome time at kindergarten!!!

Brigetta said...

woo hoo, way to go Hannah! I can't wait to see the pictures of Haley in her new blue outfit. You girls are getting so big! You have a very proud Auntie, Happy Back to School week!

Elaine said...

What a fun day for a beautiful family. You all looked great! Hannah we are so happy you had a awesome day and Haley you will tomorrow I know. Hopie you have a big job to keep mama out of mischief. Love you all...Elaine

Anonymous said...

Our prayers are for a great year for both our school girls, and for Hope,too. Thanks for the sweet pics, and we can hardly wait to hear all about your adventures.