Monday, November 24, 2008
Haley's "Actual Birthday" Celebration
Well it has been the birthday season here at our house and after this past weekend we are able to bring that celebratory season to a close. Scott came home early Thursday night so that he could be here on Haley's actual day. I already had the kids in their jammies and we had a gourmet dinner of bean burritos and fruit salad at the birthday girls request. We ate, then had cupcakes, and she got to open a few presents. She opened her favorite present by far from Hannah. Hannah had made Haley a shawl and she loved it! The shawl started out as a no sew blanket but Hannah figured out a way to make it a shawl and gave it to Haley. I'm not sure where that kid gets all of her creative ideas but they sure are fun! Haley proudly wore the shawl the next day to school. Hannah was a bit nervous that kids wouldn't know what a shall was but Haley quickly told her that she could tell all her friends what it was and that Hannah made it. Too cute! We finished off the evening with watching Haley's baby videos. Hope kept saying "there I am" when ever Hannah would come on the screen. She finally broke down and cried at one point because she realized it wasn't her in the video.... I'm wondering when the "concept of time" will kick in? :-) But she got over it pretty quickly! Scott did such a great job on their videos... each time I see them I'm so grateful that he put them together... and so want him to start it up again!.....but at this point, we're more than a little behind- I guess the blog will have to do for now!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
I love how creative Hannah is! What a great idea. And I love how the girls are such good team players. Haley wanting to show off her shawl and being sure that she would protect and be proud of Hannah in the process. So cute! You are a great mom, Deb!
ok, so I must confess, I'm so so tired today!.... thanks Cory for the comment about the SHAWL and "over-looking" my SHALL... as in I shall return that masters degree because obviously I don't deserve it! Holy cow... what a dork!
:-) Yes, The Shawl was very cute... and I shall pre-view my posts from now on! hee hee!
What a cool gift! It's so sweet that Haley loves it so much. /it sounds like Haley had a great time!
Love your crown, Haley. Those pictures of you are really special. You have grown up so fast...Happy you had such a wonderful birthday.
Love, Bokie and Bokaw
Post a Comment