Sunday, November 30, 2008

Potty stop and photo op!


I left here with the van all loaded and ready for our fun, 4 day, Thanksgiving weekend in Portland. As I drove out of the driveway I made a mental check list... pull ups- check, tooth brushes-oops.. but I have a stash at Granny's so check, bounce house- check, treats- check, kids- well, one out of three.... so Hope and I picked up Haley first and then Hannah at her class downtown. The plan was to get out of dodge around 1 and then arrive in Portland around 3:30---- well, that is until I realized that everyone and their dog had the same plan as I did. I-5 was horrible! It took us about an hour to just get on 1-5, then it was stop and go...actually more stop than go. With all of that stopping I knew that it was just a matter of time before one of the girlies had to go and I was right- Hopie had to go! So I pulled off at the next exit- it happened to be Lakewood- followed a sign for some park and we hit the bathroom! Then on our way back to the car we spotted the really cool tree and play area that we whizzed by ( figuratively this time.. not literally) when we first got there. We stopped and climbed this great tree, played on the swings and climbed the fire station structure thing. Then it was back to the car and back to the stop and go traffic. Our usual 2 1/2 hour trip took us over 5 and that was the only stop we took until we hit Scott's office in Vancouver. The girls did a great job and are really terrific travelers! ( like they have a choice we are on the go so much :-) Here are some pics of our spontaneous play date!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Elaine said...

Sorry your trip took so long going but know you had some fun stops, good chatting, singing, and super delicious snacks...yum, yum! You were in our thoughts and yes, our conversation, so did your ears burn?

Love the pictures...they are wonderful. Glad you had a Happy
four day holiday.

cworegon said...

Wow! You have beautiful girls!
I could just look and look at them!
Auntie Gramma Claire