Wednesday, November 19, 2008

My favorite time of the day...

Well, it's been a really crazy/busy week so far and doesn't seem like it's going to let up anytime soon. We've had lots of friends over, I've been in Hannah's class, we've had piano lessons, and tomorrow we will celebrate Haley's birthday with me working in her class, eating cupcakes, and then a lunch date! Usually my calendar isn't as packed as it has been this week and I'm so glad! haha!... but we are doing great and taking it all in stride. I have found a new "favorite time of the day"... it used to be when ever I'd get a froo froo coffee, or at dinner when we could talk about what everyone did during the day... but today - it's 11:22 p.m. What a great time at the Isom house! I had finished the cupcakes, sprinkles and all, and watched a good hour ( or 2 ) of mindless television and was ready for bed. This is what I saw when I went to tuck the girlies in one last time.
What arm belongs to what kid? It cracks me up that there is a perfectly good top bunk that they never use! They were so excited to have a slumber party tonight.. I had to take them away earlier in the week as punishment and boy were they upset! By the way....Happy birthday in less than an hour Haley!
Hopie was banished from the slumber party earlier tonight. After a good ol fashioned girl fight complete with pulling Hannah's hair and scratching her face, I decided that maybe Hopie needed a little "solitary confinement". After the initial drama slowed down, and we talked about it, and both sister's apologized... yes, it was wrong of Hope but it wasn't COMPLETELY all her fault.... it never is... haha....I gave her the choice to go back in and try it again with her sisters or to sleep with me later.... she chose mom. I'm going to let her stay there for awhile... I'm sure she'll find me in the night... they always do! :-) So as of now, my new favorite time is 11:22 p.m. Aaahhh! Sweet dreams!

4 comments:

Searching for God in the everyday said...

Sweet pictures. I often think how it would be nice to have pix of the kids sleeping....I just don't want to wake them up!
Happy Birthday, Haley!! Hope you have a super fun day!

Mindy said...

Sorry to hear that the week has been so crazy. I hope you guys have fun celebrating today!

Elaine said...

Happy Birthday, Haley. Can hardly believe that you are 6 already. I remember pacing the floor and singing "Little Brown Jug" etc. to settle you down...
Love the sleeping angels...what a fun time they are having with their sleep-overs. They will have many awesome memories to share in the coming years.

Tiffany said...

So sweet! Love it, Deb! I would have to say 11:22 sounds great here, too. Lately I haven't been able to relax til' a bit later with all that's buzzing around here to prepare for stuff but now at least I know who to call late at night when I need a chit chat break! :) Love ya girl!

Happy Birthday Miss Haley!!